VMware vSphere 4: What´s New (VIWN)
In cooperation with Fast Lane.
Who should attend
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing VMware Infrastructure architectures. This hands-on training course explores new features in future versions of VMware® vCenter Server and ESX™/ESXi, as well as how to upgrade.
Recommended Completion of VMware Infrastructure 3: Install and Configure, or equivalent experience with VMware ESX and vCenter Server.
At the end of the course, you should possess knowledge and skills for the following:
- Upgrading VMware deployments
- Deploying distributed virtual switches to simplify datacenter-wide network management
- Using VMDirectPath to assign a PCI adapter directly to a virtual machine
- Migrating virtual machines’ storage while they are live with Storage vMotion
- Growing virtual disks and VMFS volumes while they are live
- Employing VMware’s new Pluggable Storage Architecture
- Ensuring application availability with VMware Fault Tolerance
- Manage more than one vCenter Server from the same client
- Use the new host profiles feature to keep hosts uniformly configured
- Save energy with VMware Distributed Power Management
- Save disk space with thin provisioning
- Administer virtual appliances consisting of more than one virtual machine
Module 1: Introducing the Next Generation of VI
- Highlights Next Generation enhancements by component and reviews upgrade tools and strategies.
Module 2: Infrastructure Administration
- Presents new features that support better infrastructure monitoring and reduce the time it takes to provision ESX/ESXi hosts and virtual machines.
Module 3: Networking
- Discusses networking enhancements that simplify configuration, extend support, and improve performance.
Module 4: Storage
- Introduces new storage features that reduce storage costs, streamline management, and optimize performance.
Module 5: Resource Management
- Reviews vMotion™ compatibility enhancements, new VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler monitoring and management tools, and extended VMware DPM support.
Module 6: Business Continuity
- Presents VMware High Availability enhancements and introduces VMware Fault Tolerance and vStorage APIs for data recovery.
Duration: 2 days
- US$ 1,495
Duration: 2 days
Click City Name To BookSchedule
|Jul 16-17, 2013||Time zone: US/Central Course language: English *|
|Sep 5-6, 2013||Time zone: US/Central Course language: English *|
|Oct 29-30, 2013||Time zone: US/Central Course language: English *|
|May 27-28, 2013||*|
|Aug 19-20, 2013||*|
|Sep 23-24, 2013||*|
|Nov 4-5, 2013||*|
|Dec 2-3, 2013||*|