Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
In cooperation with Fast Lane.
Who should attend
Network professionals who want to ensure security on their network or who seek the Cisco Certified Security Professional Certification (CCSP).
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Students who attend this advanced course should meet the following prerequisites or have equivalent knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic networking and security terms and concepts
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Install an IPS sensor appliance in the Network and initialize it
- Use IDM to configure built-in signatures to meet the requirements of a given security policy
- Describe the functions of signature engines and their parameters and use IDM to tune and create signatures
- Tune a sensor to work optimally in the network
- Use the Monitoring Center for Security and Cisco Threat Response
- Install the NM-CIDS in a router and initialize it
- Install and recover the sensor software image and perform service pack and signature updates
An introduction of Cisco IDS detection platforms including the 4200 Series Sensors, they Catalyst 6500 Series Intrusion Detection Module 2 (IDSM2) and the IDS Network Module (NM-CIDS) are introduced in the IPS course. The command line and the IPS Device Manager GUI are used to configure the sensor.
Duration: 4 days
- United States: US$ 2,995
- Canada: US$ 2,995
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request